Please read this Privacy Notice carefully as it describes how our products, services, and technologies use your personal data. Unless a separate, or supplementary privacy notice is provided, this Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal data across our websites, financial products and services, software, apps, tools, and other services and functionality we provide, both online and offline (collectively referred to as “AUTOCOUNT SERVICES”).
This Privacy Notice may be relevant to you even if you are not a customer of ours and have never used AUTOCOUNT SERVICES. We may be in possession of your personal data because we have received it from a user of AUTOCOUNT SERVICES.
- WHO WE ARE
Auto Count Sdn Bhd (751600-A) is a Malaysian company which develops and provides high quality accounting software as well as financial products and services. Our Head Office is located at B2-3A-01, Level 3A, Block B2 Meritus @ Oasis Corporate Park, No. 2, Jalan PJU 1A/2, Ara Damansara 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. Throughout this Privacy Notice, when we say AUTOCOUNT, we mean our company, related corporations, and our AUTOCOUNT Authorised Dealers (collectively as “we", “us" or “our").
- THE TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
AUTOCOUNT collect and process Data as part of our business operations including Personal Data. “Personal Data” is any information that identifies a person. It is almost impossible to list all the types information which may be considered as Personal Data and the types of information we collect and use will be determined by the types of AUTOCOUNT SERVICES that you are using. Nevertheless, the Personal Data that AUTOCOUNT collects and uses as part of our business operations may include your name, age, gender, nationality, race, marital status, profession, identification card or passport number, residential address, phone number, email address, financial data and banking account details. If you are a corporate entity, “Personal Data” will include data related to your business’s finances, taxes, employees, customers, suppliers.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AUTOCOUNT takes a consent-based approach to the collection and use of your Personal Data. Accordingly, most of the Personal Data that we collect and use is provided by you directly. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:-
If you provide us with personal information about someone else (e.g. your employees or customers), you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and have obtained the individual’s explicit consent or otherwise have a legal basis to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice.
- use or register to use AUTOCOUNT SERVICES (including free trials);
- place an order using AUTOCOUNT SERVICES;
- complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, post on our message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on AUTOCOUNT SERVICES;
- interact with us using social media or our chatbots;
- contact us offline (e.g. via telephone, fax, SMS, or post); and
- participate in our marketing activities or events (e.g. road shows, exhibitions, training or business card collections).
AUTOCOUNT may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties that are permitted under applicable law to share that information with us (e.g. for customer due diligence purposes) to enhance the Personal Data we collect from you. The Personal Data we obtain from third parties may include information from credit agencies, search information providers, and information disseminated by you in public sources.
We may also collect information from third parties when you connect AUTOCOUNT SERVICES with their services. When we obtain your Personal Data from third parties, we take steps to ensure the information we receive from these parties has been collected with your consent or that these parties are otherwise legally permitted to disclose your Personal Data to us.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is collected as an incidental part of our business operations. We do this so that we may provide our products or services to you, to correspond with you, to send you regular updates via our alerts, newsletters and other publications, to notify you about interesting events or to provide you with information that we consider may be of interest to you. We may also collect your Personal Data in order to comply with our various legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data in order to provide you and your business with AUTOCOUNT SERVICES. We take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Data is protected from damage, unauthorised access, accidental loss and misuse. We also ensure that your Personal Data will only be retained by us for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes as stated herein and subject to the prevailing requirements by law. We will only share your Personal Data with a third party if we have your consent (unless we are prevented by any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request to do so) and we will seek your explicit consent before sharing any sensitive personal information.
Your Personal Data is disclosed to or accessed by the following persons only on a need to know basis:-
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
- our staff, officers, Authorised Dealers;
- our Group of Companies and Affiliates;
- any professional advisors including auditors, solicitors, company secretary, consultants, advisors and other professional service provider appointed in relation to our business;
- potential or actual investors or successors-in-title of the business or share (wholly or in part) of any member of Auto Count Sdn Bhd, including their advisers and representatives;
- government departments, statutory authorities, industry regulators, local councils and law enforcement agencies; and/or
- any person to whom we are required to do so under law, by order of court or in response to a government directive.
- all other person(s) whose services are necessary or incidental to our business operations.
Some AUTOCOUNT SERVICES allow you to provide access to your account to other users authorised by you (hereinafter as “Authorised Users”). These Authorised Users will have access to information in your account including Personal Data and may perform various tasks on your behalf. In this case, you will have full responsibility for any collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data by your Authorised Users.
- YOUR RIGHTS
At AUTOCOUNT, we respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data. When it comes to marketing communications such as promotional emails, you can ask us stop sending you these at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication or you can also contact us directly at email@example.com.
You also have rights to:
- know what Personal Data we hold about you;
- know how we collect and use your Personal Data;
- ensure our record of your Personal Data is accurate and up to date; and
- ask us to restrict, stop processing or delete your Personal Data
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us through the various ways listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Data for purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, products and services. We will treat your continued use of AUTOCOUNT SERVICES as your acceptance of the changes we have made.
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
AUTOCOUNT takes the security of your Personal Data seriously. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data against risks such as temporary or permanent loss, destruction, and unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, use or disclosure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you feel that your password or account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us using the instructions in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
This Privacy Notice does not address the privacy policies and practices of third parties or other organisations that are not operating on AUTOCOUNT’s behalf. This includes:-
- any third party operating any sites or services to which the AUTOCOUNT SERVICES link. The inclusion of a link on any AUTOCOUNT SERVICES does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us; and
- any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Data you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the AUTOCOUNT SERVICES or our corporate social media pages.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about AUTOCOUNT’s privacy practices or if you would like to exercise any of your rights and choices as described in this notice, you contact us by:-
Kindly include your name, email address, account identification, and purpose of the request.
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- sending a letter to Autocount (S) Pte Ltd, 12 Arumugam Road, #05-10A, LTC Building B, Singapore 409958.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time so it accurately reflects AUTOCOUNT’s practices the AUTOCOUNT SERVICES and legal requirements. If we are of the opinion that the changes to our Privacy Notice may materially affect the use of your Personal Data, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance, such as by sending an email or posting a prominent notice of the changes on our website, to give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes. We will treat your continued use of AUTOCOUNT SERVICES after the effective date of any updated Privacy Notice as your acceptance of the changes we have made. You should check back regularly to stay informed of our privacy practices.